We received a C (52.9%) in the K-3 Literacy category on the 2014-2015 district report card. This measures the district’s ability to address the needs of at-risk readers (students not reading at grade level K-3).
How is this determined?
• In 2013 - 2014, 170 K-3 students were identified as “not on track”
• In 2014 -2015, 90 of those students (52.9%) moved to “on track”
• In 2014 - 2015, 80 of those students were considered not on track to pass the Third Grade Reading Guarantee, which is a requirement of the Ohio Department of Education.
To keep this in perspective:
• We have 1222 K-3 students in our 4 elementary schools
• We have 1142 ( 93.5%) of the total K-3 students “on track” for reading
• By the end of 2014 -2015, 100% of our students passed the Third Grade Reading Guarantee.
Third Grade Reading Guarantee - ensures that all students are reading at grade level by the end of third grade.